This past weekend I helped put together a "Tea for Two" themed bridal shower for my friend Mandy.
The Bride's sister and Maid of Honour, Seri, runs an INCREDIBLE party planning company based out of NYC, called Little Miss Party Planner, or LMP for short (www.littlemisspartyplanner.com)
Under the supervision of LMP, myself and the other bridesmaids put together an amazing event.
I wont go into details of all the decor and special touches as LMP will cover those on her blog, but I will talk about what I know and that is the food.
We wanted to keep the food simple, light and easy for people to eat, so here is the menu I put together:
- Tea Sandwiches: Curried Chicken Salad, Smoked Salmon with Dill Creme Fraiche & Caviar and Asparagus with Lemon Cream Cheese
- Trio of Crostini: Gorgonzola Cream with Fresh Figs & Red Wine Reduction, Goat Cheese with Truffle Honey & Toasted Walnuts and White Bean Puree with Garlic Confit
- Green Bean Bundles with Herb Dip
- Wild Mushroom Phyllo Purses
- Goat Cheese and Caramelized Shallot Tarts topped with a Roasted Tomato
- Bacon and Aged Cheddar Scones with Chive Butter
- Crab Cakes with Dijon Aioli
See below for pictures of the event. All photos were taken by the wonderful Robyn Harrison. (www.robynharrison.com)
The event was a great success and I can't wait to celebrate with everyone at the wedding.
Congratulations Mandy! Only 125 days to go! xoxo